The book Viva Biology for Class IX has been written in keeping with the latest NCERT syllabus prescribed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The book has been developed keeping in view the requirement of the students at the secondary level.
Salient features of the book:
- The book has been prepared in accordance with the latest CBSE syllabus and pattern.
- Each chapter starts with an overview, giving a glimpse of the chapter.
- Key Points in each chapter highlight the important information related to different topics discussed.
- Questions to analyse the concepts learnt are given in the section Check Your Understanding.
- Each chapter includes some additional information related to the text in the coloured boxes.
- Well-labelled diagrams, flow charts, tables, pictures and illustrations have been incorporated to help students understand various facts and concepts clearly.
- Summary at the end of each chapter helps students recapitulate the main ideas or facts related to the chapter.
- NCERT Textbook (In-Text and Chapter-End) Questions and NCERT Exemplar Questions are provided with solutions.
- Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) and Value-Based Questions are given to help students apply the facts and concepts learned.
- Practice Assignment is given to help students prepare for examination.
- Check Your Knowledge is given for quick revision of the concepts learned.
- Review Exercise and Periodic Test are given to enable students to make a sound-self assessment.
About the Author:
Madhu Bahl did her postgraduation (M.Sc. Honours) in Botany from J & K University, Srinagar; B.Ed. from Punjab University and stood first in the University. She is the Founder Principal of KB DAV Senior Secondary Public School at Chandigarh. She has 35 years of experience in teaching and school administration.
Having worked with hundreds of students, she has intense first-hand knowledge of how they learn and the difficulties they encounter. Madhu Bahl is the recipient of the National Teachers Award by the President of India, CBSE National Teachers Award and State Award for her contribution in the field of education.