Viva Social Studies is a set of eight books for classes 1 to 8, designed and developed keeping in mind the guidelines framed by the CBSE. It is an activity-oriented series with creatively designed exercises and individual and group activities.
Salient features of books 1 and 2:
- Language is kept simple, keeping the level of the students in mind.
- Concepts are taught and reinforced through illustrations, pictures, activities and flow charts.
- Chapter-end exercises and activities are largely objective type to facilitate classroom assessment.
- Wise Words are linked with life-skills.
- Brain Teasers enhance thinking skills.
- Do you know? gives additional interesting information related to the text.
- Find Out keeps the children interested in the subject and makes them inquisitive.
- For the Teacher helps a teacher to enhance the skills of the children.
- Now I Can Answer presents a variety of exercises like Fill in the Blanks, Answer in One Word, Match the Columns and many more.
- Draw and Colour, Learn and Recite and many other projects and activities are given to focus on activity-based learning.
- Assessment sheets given in the middle and at the end of each book can be used for periodic assessment.
About the Author:
Sangeeta Gupta is an educational books editor and resource person based in New Delhi. She has taught for several years at Raghubir Singh Junior Modern School and Starex International School, both in Delhi.